Monitoring your offshore wind turbines
24Sea, a spin-out of OWI-lab, offers testing services and dedicated short and long-term structural health monitoring systems for offshore structures. We engineer, assemble and install the data acquisition systems, provide dedicated sensors, manage the...
Gert De Sitter
+32 (0)2 880 63 81
24Sea, a spin-out of OWI-lab, offers testing services and dedicated short and long-term structural health monitoring systems for offshore structures. We engineer, assemble and install the data acquisition systems, provide dedicated sensors, manage the remote access, data transfer and data storage. 24SEA also offers data analysis and reporting services.
Our mission is to provide the wind farm developers and operators those insights that are crucial to minimise construction and installation costs and access the lifetime of existing structures and reduce their operation, maintenance and inspection costs.
Our hardware team consists of highly qualified people fully certified to do all offshore works. Our data analysts have experience in structural dynamics, signal processing, system identification and structural health monitoring using advanced data mining techniques.
Our track record in offshore wind started in 2011. Today we continuously monitor the foundations and substations of many offshore wind farms in Europe.
Test & Short term monitoring services
Our test and short term monitoring services using mobile measurement systems are dedicated for:
- periodic design verification where the vibration levels, resonance frequencies and damping values of the offshore structure are identified for e.g. commissioning and scour assessment;
- characterising the seismic behavior of offshore structures, their components and their interaction providing input for optimisation, periodic inspection, failure investigation and troubleshooting.
Long term monitoring services At 24Sea we have extensive experience in providing monitoring solutions for offshore substructures and foundations for:
- dynamic monitoring using accelerometers and inclinometers;
- load monitoring using strain gauges;
- grout monitoring using displacement sensors and load cells;
- environmental monitoring using e.g. wave radars, water level sensors, corrosion sensors,…
Data analysis services and ongoing R&D
Our data analysis platform enables us to process large amounts of data and generate automated online and/or periodic reports. The results of our data analysis services and R&D activities have an immediate value for our clients as designers and manufactures can use the insights for improving future designs and operators get the decision support they need for cost effective inspection planning, life time extension,…